Followers

Saturday, June 29, 2013

You Can't Skip & Be Unhappy. . .



Dyan Reaveley is so hot right now (and it is HOT in Aurora, we have been hitting high 90’s and I have NO AC) & I just got my first set of her stamps, the “Say What You Mean” set (perfect for my sense of humor!) - I had to break into them right away. I love this saying – it’s SO true and while me trying to skip is a sight to see (it’s hard to skip with a few steel rods next to your spine) I sort of take it not so literally and make the saying mine, like it’s hard to be in a bad mood if you are smiling – OK, I can smile & be mad, but I digress. .  . I made this card out of cream card stock, the stripes are a bunch of strips (you KNOW we always have a ton of strips!) that I put on a piece of paper that I ran through my Xyron, then I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of cream cardstock, mounted on some left over kraft card stock and mounted that on the card – bingo!  Making the striped panel is SO easy & it gets rid of all those scrap strips and you can do it while trying to catch up on all your shows that you DVR’d ‘cause it’s summer!! 

 Hope you enjoy the strip stripes (I hadda say it once) card - I am on a creating bender! Take good care & stay cool (or if you are in the other hemisphere, stay warm!) Thanks Christi :)

Oh of COURSE I forgot to mention I am entering this Strip of Stripes card
in the Simon Says Stamp & Show: Stripes Challenge - must be the heat - LOL
 

5 comments:

  1. Super card, love theweaving and sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true, love that sentiment! Love the stripes, love the weaving (what patience you have). Hope you stay reasonably cool. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paper weaving! And an awesome interpretation of the stripes challenge. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so so so true! I love the weaving here that made your stripes! So cool! Great piece! Glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun to have the woven background on your card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)