Followers

Sunday, July 7, 2013

What's Cooking?



I haven’t been creating much lately – it is too damn hot here (we have no AC) and my bestest (I tend to make words that fit what I am trying to say - works for me <grin>) sister in the world is here from Florida – in fact, today is her birthday – Happy Birthday Seester – I LOVE YOU!! (99% of my family is born in June & July). 



I saw a few challenges recently for postcards so I figured I’d give it a go.  I cut up an old priority mail box to 4 x 6 then covered it with my tea stained “fabric” (same stuff I used in the “Stars” project here).  I knew I wanted to make something that reminded me of those old Betty Crocker cookbooks – my mom had one – the one with the red and white cover and all the cool retro pictures inside so I dove into my stamps and pulled out these great images that I got from Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers back when Paula owned the company and had a monthly kit (you can still get some of RBBB stamps at Stamp Francisco).  I think they look 1950ish.  I stamped the men right on the fabric using my trusty Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black (I swear, this is the BEST black ink ever!) and then I stamped my woman on regular white card stock.  I fussy cut her out and then stamped her again on some yellow card stock, fussy cut out the apron and added that.  I thought the men needed a bit of something so I stamped them again on some olivey (yes another new word!) green card stock and cut out his jacket.  Then I stamped “What’s Cooking?” on kraft card stock with a really old alphabet stamp set that I got from Stampin’ Up! – I liked this alphabet because I thought it looked kinda retro.  I edged my words with Fired Brick Distress Ink.  Then I cut the house out of an eggplant colored card stock using my brand new (don’t you just LOVE brand new toys?!?) Spellbinders Media Mixage Houses One dies.  Glued it all down and here ya go!  Didn’t take long at all (well, fussy cutting the woman took me the longest) and I think I am going to use this in another project eventually.  Hope you like it!



That white spot is not part of the project - LOL
 

9 comments:

  1. Love these images!!! Your vintage background looks wonderful with them! I love the sentiment and bright colored apron too! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a great card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri ~ means a lot coming from you :)

      Delete
  3. Wow Christi, I love how this came together, such a cool 1950s piece of art. The men in the background work perfectly and you have made the fab lady as the focal image stand out beautifully. A great job. Thanks for linking to the Crafts-Too Decade/Era Challenge for this month.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! Thanks for playing at Crafts too this time hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creation very vintage

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)