Followers

Friday, December 6, 2013

Another good bye. . .

This has been a truly hellish week.  Due to the aggressiveness of my cat Boo's bone caner tumor (on his jaw) and the fact that my vet was going to be closed December 6 to the 10th, we elected to bring him in to the vet on December 5th, 2013 and have him join his sisters and brothers at the Rainbow Bridge.  Boo was my cat; I love them all, but he was my boy.  I got him from our old vet in Connecticut when he was about 3 months old.  He hid under the bed for 5 days; I used to bring him food to ensure he ate (obviously he snuck out when we were sleeping, but. . .) - he was moody, shy, hated people and other cats but was also one of the most loving cats I have ever had.  He also was born with the last 1 ½” or so of his tail crooked (it was a perfect upside L) – and that was how he got his nick name (he real name was Damian, but he only answered, if you can call what a cat does answer, to Boo) as he was my “Boo Boo Kitty” (Laverne & Shirley anyone??) because of his tail and he was so easily spooked.  Then he was just Boo.  He has a special place in my heart forever & always. . .

Again, I apologize for the bad news - after all this is an art blog - but I feel strongly about giving my furbabies the respect and remembrance they deserve.  Thank you for understanding and I am SO looking forward to the New Year ~ 



4 comments:

  1. Christi I really am so sorry to read this, losing a member of the family is always so hard.
    Run free at the bridge Boo xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Tracy - it's been a rough week. Hugs, Christi

      Delete
  2. I am so very sorry about your loss of Spike and Boo. Blessings to all your cats, the ones living on in your heart and the ones still in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christi, when the good lord take a life there is a new one born and when this life is born its love before he is born with the love of god and the the love of his mother that brings him in to the morter life and then when a hurman bring him to there home there even more love to be had this is why they hide they need your love so they know they will be love They are not so sure why they are with this hurman so I just want you to know you are so loved my dear friend Iam so sorry for your lost.
    Your friend MaryRedford

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)