Followers

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Good Bye to my Spikey Boy



Some of you may recall in May I had to send my cat Baby to the Rainbow Bridge.  She was suffering from heart failure and there was no hope for her.  Unfortunately, her biological brother Spike became ill on Thanksgiving and he went to join his sister, and all his half-siblings, at the Rainbow Bridge on December 3, 2013.  Spike would have been 19 years old this month and I am so grateful I got to have such a wonderful and loving cat for so long.  I was going through a horrible time a few years back; I had some significant health issues and my marriage was ending.  Every time I would get upset, Spike would jump on the bed and just love me to bits.  He wasn't the brightest crayon in the box (once he actually jumped into the shower with me) but he was a very good boy. One of the coolest things he did was when he got to purring really well his whiskers would vibrate! I just wanted to post something so the world would know he was here & I miss him ~ until we meet again Buddy (one of his many nicknames) ~


Mew is our black kitten, she loved Spike

My handsome boy

The 2 siblings as kittens


And on another sad note, my other male cat, Boo, was diagnosed with terminal cancer.  We were hoping he had a bone infection in his jaw, but it is bone cancer.  While I refuse to let my animals suffer just so I could keep them around, I just could not face losing him the same day I lost Spike.  So our wonderful vet & staff (If you live in Colorado and have a cat - this vet is a cat only practice & they run a no-kill shelter- I highly recommend the Cat Care Society) gave us some medicine to keep my Boo Boy happy and pain free and I will be making the call to the vet for an appointment to let him begin his journey to the Rainbow Bridge.  Boo is the most antisocial cat I have ever seen. He is very skittish and generally hates people and other animals; but he loves his Mom and it is my job to see that he has a good quality of life and is in no pain.  I have gotten so much support from my friends & family that I feel truly blessed.  Boo is 16 ½ years old and has brought me such joy.  I wouldn’t trade having any of my furbabies despite this pain.  I will be posting a tribute to Boo as well when the time comes.

Thank you for reading my blog and I know I will be back in full swing in the New Year – I appreciate all of you hanging in there with me while I deal with these curve balls that life has thrown me.  Back to the regularly scheduled program in just a bit.

Blessings to you & yours. . .

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your losses :( Sounds like they both lived long and wonderful lives!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)