Followers

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Peace On Earth Card



I am sharing another very easy holiday card that sticks to my theme of using non-traditional colors.  I think I only have a few more to share before I fall into the more traditional colors - let's face it, the crunch is on in a BIG way and as I get more stressed out my creativity takes a hike - I don't blame it, I don't like being around me when I am stressed, either (hell, if I could escape me I would).



I found the blue flowered paper in my stash of paper – I think it is from Stampin' Up!- one of their decorative scrapbook papers, but I am not sure - I was SU! demonstrator about 13 years ago, so I am a bit fuzzy about what I have left from them.  I cut out the part that I planned to make the focal of my card.  I stamped Peace on Earth and the frame (both the sentiment & frame are from Tim’s Stamp Line, the set is called “Simple Sayings” and the part number is CMS155) on a piece of scrap white cardstock using Tim Holtz’s Distress Ink in the color of Stormy Sky.  I was thinking of pop dotting the phrase, but I am trying to make my mailing cards a bit simpler considering how high postage costs are so I didn’t.  I matted the paper with the sentiment on it to a base cardstock that I have had for years – I have NO idea where I got it from, and it, too, is about 13 years old, but it resembles a sky with clouds and I thought that it would bring the whole card together, and I think it did!

 
 This is the paper the base card is made from - the color is off as it doesn't look "stormy" in real life. I wanted to share a picture of it with you because you can barely see it on the card and I really enjoy finding funky papers and incorporating them in my work.  As usual, I am sure I had NO idea what I was going to do with this paper but I am so pleased I bought it.

 And here is the finished card.  For those of you that have the "Simple Sayings" set you will know that the frame has a distressed look. I wanted to add that so you didn't think my cutting was so bad - hehehehe - those white peaks and valleys are supposed to be there.


Hope you enjoyed my card and my mini how to!  I feel that this card truly looks peaceful and I hope that the person I give it to finds some peace in their life.

Blessings!

I would also like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Crafts 4 Eternity - Recipe #154, Christmas Chaos, Anything Goes
TotallyPaperCrafts - Challenge #197, Christmas Using Non Traditional Colors
Southern Girls Challenge - Christmas Wishes
CAS on Sunday - Christmas
Use it Tuesday - Christmas (stash is the scrapbook paper & the card base paper)
Clear it Out Challenge - Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely CAS card and perfect for our challenge at Southern girls. Ta heaps for joining in. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. It really does show a peaceful tone. Thanks for playing in our final challenge at Use It Tuesday! Best wishes always! Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colours beautiful card, Thanks for playing along with us at clear it Out Tuesday for the ATG challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for playing along with us this week at TPC with your gorgeous creation.
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So calm and pretty! :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very striking card. I love the stormy paper. How great would that paper be for spring shower images, but it looks great this way, too. Very versatile.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)