Followers

Friday, February 21, 2014

Elegant B&W Card and Globecraft & Piccolo SPRING RELEASE!



I hope you have been to the Globecraft & Piccolo Blog this week, you have GOT to see all the goodies my Teamies came up with to celebrate the New Spring Release

I love black & white, I think it is so elegant – and to continue with the elegant theme, I made this “Thinking of You” card using one of the NEW Flourish sets.  Honestly, I had another project planned, but life got in the way, so I am sharing this lovely card.
Here is the finished card
The card was simple as I had all the ingredients here.  It’s larger than most cards I make measuring 6” x 6”, but I wanted to give a proper showcase to the embellishments and the lovely textured paper I used.

This is all you need to make this card:
  • NEW A157 Vintage Corner Flourishes 
  • Micro White Embossing Enamel
  • Enamel & Embossing Powder Adhesive Fluid
  • 6” x 6” black white base
  • 5 ¼” x 5 ¼” embossed black cardstock (I used paper from Francis Meyer, but you could just as easily make your own)
  • Sentiment (I used an old SU! set called “All Year Cheer”)
  • Black Cardstock
  • Pop Dots 
  • Cream & Black Strip (I got mine from GCD Studios Paper Pad “Paris Nights”)
  • White Cardstock for your Sentiment
  • Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
First, emboss your Flourishes with the Micro White Powder.  I embossed the flourishes about 6 times, coating it with more Embossing Fluid & Micro White Embossing Enamel each time to get the coverage I wanted but since the powder is micro fine I hardly used any of it at all.  Set these aside.  Stamp your sentiment on the white card and trim to a rectangle, then trim a piece of black cardstock to mount it on, making sure you leave enough room

to place your flourishes.  I fooled around with the placement of the flourishes quite a bit before I was happy and I even trimmed the square down further once I had attached the flourishes on (which was pretty gutsy, if I had made a mistake I would have to think of another project!).  







The beautiful embossed black cardstock
 Then I cut the 5 ¼” square out of the embossed cardstock, adhered that to the base, put the cream and black strip on, then pop dotted the final square that has the flourishes and sentiment on it to give it that much more texture (even though you can't really tell by the photos).

That’s it!  I love the look of the embossed flourishes with the embossed cardstock.  I hope you like it! Blessing to you & yours, Christi








I am respectfully entering my card in the following challenges:
Inky Impressions  #147 Black & White
Crafty Creations Challenge #257 Keep It Simple
Crafting for All Seasons Challenge Blog  #71 Sentiment as Focus
The Cheerful Stamp Pad  #80  Color Challenge, Black & White
Lexi’s Creations Monochromatic
{PIN}Spirational Challenges #95  Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly  Anything Goes


16 comments:

  1. a very cool and stylish card1

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very elegant card. Thank you for sharing it with us at ( Pin ) spirational this week. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely!Thanks so much for joining us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.
    xoxo
    Karla B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black and White is always an elegant combination. Embossing takes it up a notch! Thanks for playing with us at Through The Craft Room Door!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely elegant card! I love the die cuts too. Thanks for joining Inky Impressions Challenge.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black and white are always such a stunning combination! Nicely done! Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenges this week.
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is stunning! I love all the texture and the black and white looks so elegant too! The layered embossing is really impressive! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane - I'm honored! <3 And I won't be mailing this one (thak goodness) but I will keep that extra postage in mind! xoxo from SNOWING again, in Aurora, Christi

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing your lovely elegant card for Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 80: black and white, Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. very elegant card, love the flourishes thanks for playing along with us at the Cheerful Stamp Pad for the Black & white challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love black & white cards! Yours is lovely! Thanks for joining us this week at {PIN}spirational Challenges.
    Blessings,
    Zella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christi - lovely card. Black & white is timeless and I love the embossed background. Thanks for sharing your card at Lexi's Creations this time in our Monochrome challenge.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an elegant card. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions Challenges.

    Dawn - DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very elegant! I love it. Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational this week.
    Artsy-Arts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very elegant. Looks amazing. Like the Design.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very pretty card. Simple and beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations,
    hugs
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)