Followers

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hello Handsome. . .



People who know me know I am fairly nontraditional & that translates into my crafting.  I really enjoy stretching myself and making holiday cards that don't rely on expected colors or images.  I was looking through some of my paper stash last night when I hit upon this awesome cut out and I immediately decided to make a card featuring this retro man, he looks so dapper, how could I leave him?   

This is what I used:
I took my Masonite heart and embossed it twice with the Antique Gold Embossing Enamel, using the Embossing Fluid each time.  Set aside to cool.

Close up of the heart
I cut the “Hello Handsome” out and found a background paper that I thought matched well in the MME LifeStories Collection.  I cut the background paper to 5” x 3 ¾” and adhered it to the Kraft base card.

I got my Chit Chat stickers and edged them with the Forest Moss Distress Marker and then swiped them with a paint brush dipped in water – they looked stark next to the muted colors of the design so adding just a hint of color helped to soften them.  I took the Masonite heart attached that to the middle of the “Hello Handsome” cut out, placed the 2 Chit Chat stickers around the heart and I was done!  It took me longer to pick out the background paper than it did to construct the card!
It was difficult to get the colors to come out so I posted 2 versions

I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial ~ thanks for stopping by! Christi

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Rhedd & Rosie Challenge #26 - Love is in The Air
The Kraft Outlet - Love
Cards in Envy - Love is in The Air
Crafty Cardmakers #109 - This is a Man's World
Crafty Catz #217 - Love is in the Air
A Creative Romance - Show Us Some Love 
Fussy and Fancy Challenge #107 - Be My Valentine

Thanks!! Looking for challenges to enter?? Please give Challenges for Days a chance to show you how EASY it is to find great challenges!

18 comments:

  1. Great card for a man, not always easy, but fab job. Thank you for joining in with Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second picture shows the card off to the best advantage. I sometimes drive myself insane trying to get the perfect picture!

    Gorgeous masculine Valentine card.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun retro valentine card and tutorial. Thanks for playing along with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Love the heart! Thank you so much for sharing your Valentine with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background paper was worth all your deliberation as it works beautifully with that great retro image! Thanks for joining in with my challenge at CCM&M. Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great male card, love its vintage style. Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz and I hope you will come back again.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vintage look of this handsome chap lol,thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous - great design for a traditional valentine card!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tutorial and awesome guy card! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your retro card! It's perfect for a guy! Thank you for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very creative, Christi! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a LOVE-ly creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the vintage image! Thank you for sharing with us at The Kraft Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super masculine valentine card, love the heart, really stands out.

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with our 26th Challenge 'Love is in the Air' at Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge Blog.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a great masculine card. I love the heart embellishment! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. super cute vintage card!!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Cards In Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely valentine ..thanks for joining us at Fussy & Fancy Challenge and good luck xxx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fab card! Great vintage look. Thank you for playing along at Rhedd and Rosie’s. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)