Followers

Friday, March 14, 2014

Colorful Butterfly ATC


I am in love with Globecraft & Piccolo’s Embossing Enamel.  The colors are amazingly vibrant, colorful and each one is blended by hand in the USA.  The color combinations are incredible! Trust me when I tell you the pictures cannot capture the true beauty of this powder.  
Plus, you get a huge amount of powder for your money!  In the photo below I used a bottle of Distress Paint to illustrate how large the containers of the Embossing Enamel are:
Lots of yummy color!
I recently got some new colors and I always want to use my new goodies as soon as I get them, so I decided to make an ATC (artist trading card).
What I used to make my Butterfly ATC:
Decorative Paper
ATC blank

The first thing I did was use the Mars Black 3D Enamel Gel on the frame.  I just used it right out of the bottle.  The funny thing is the black comes out looking like a dark gray.
But it turns to a shiny deep black once it dries.  I set my frame out overnight covered with an extra bubble I had so no cats, or cat hair would get into it. I love how these frames are the perfect size for ATC's!

Then I took my butterfly blank and used a paintbrush to paint where I wanted the Embossing Enamel to adhere.  I use a paint brush so often that I actually poured some of the Embossing Fluid out of the bottle into a small, air tight container so I wouldn’t have to keep popping the top off of the applicator.  I brushed the fluid onto the butterfly blank and shook some Deep Blue Sky enamel onto the blank and heated until done.  I only used one layer of Enamel and I still got this awesome result:
Then I edged the butterfly in Royal Sterling Enamel, again using my paintbrush and embossing fluid.  When you use the fluid with a paintbrush you don’t have to re-dip the brush each time you use it- the brush retains a good amount of the fluid.  For the body I used Ruby Red Slippers – the butterfly is SO sparkly, I tried to capture it but it is very difficult.
See that bubble on the body? Popped it with a toothpick - POOF!
For my ATC I used a piece of cardboard from a mailing box.  You can get a lot of ATC’s from one box and they are sturdier than using just paper.  After I covered my cardboard with the decorative paper (I used a handmade paper in navy blue with little silver sparkles in it) I glued my frame and then my butterfly in the center.

I love the look of the multiple embossing enamels and I think the frame sort of holds it all together.  I hope you are getting some warmer weather where you are; I’m keeping an eye out for the real butterflies!
I am entering my butterfly ATC in the following challenges – please stop by and check out all the hard work these folks do to make the challenges possible!
Aloha Fridays (Kitty Bee Designs) - #19, Things with Wings
Love to Create - #106, Anything Goes
Make my Monday - Spring
Created With Love Challenges - #77, Think Spring
Unruly PaperArts - RAQ1, Natures Gift

Thank you for stopping by ~
Blessings!
Christi

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH, I love those enamels, especially that black, so striking! Beautiful ATC too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never played with them before & now I can see SO many cool ways to use them - thank you so much for your sweet comments, Diane, they truly mean the world to me :) XO

      Delete
  3. Super ATC.

    Thanks for sharing at Love to Create.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christi your ATC is just gorgeous. I love the wonderful colors and fabulous shimmer and sparkle of your embossing. Beautifully done, thanks so much for joining us for this months Reader's Art Quest over at Unruly PaperArts. Danie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)