Followers

Monday, March 10, 2014

Don't Look Back Card ~ DCWV March Stackaholic Challenge



I have to confess, Die Cuts With a View (DCWV) is one of my very favorite brands of paper.  Their paper stacks contain some of the best quality paper I have ever seen sold in sets.  So this month I decided to enter the DCWV March Stackaholic Challenge for Cards (they have one for scrapbook pages, too, and I plan on entering that one, too, as soon as I can print off some photos!).  The rules are simple – as long as you use some paper from DCWV, and follow one or both of the sketches you can enter.  Here is the sketch I followed:

DCWV March Stackaholic Challenge

For those of you who aren’t familiar with DCWV papers I urge you to go to their website and take a look - just click here

What I did was I took 3 different stacks that I had and made three different cards using only the papers in the Stack.  I followed the same principal with each card; I chose a coordinating paper as a background mounted onto a plain card. Then I cut the strips out of matching paper, played with the strips until I was happy with the composition and glued them onto the card.  Each card is using different Stacks and has different embellishments on it so for simplicity’s sake I am only going to list what is special about each card.  You can go see the first card I made by clicking HERE.

The second card uses the Stack called Le Crème. This stack has colors I am much more familiar with so it was a bit easier than the first card.

To make my “Don’t Look Back” card you need:
  • Vanilla cardstock for the card base
  • Le Crème Premium Stack
  • Decorative Edge Scissors
  • Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
  • Sentiment is from Unity Stamps
Again, I chose one of the papers for my background, cut it out and attached it to the vanilla base.  Cut my ½” strips from various papers, including some that have flocked designs.  Stamped my sentiment onto cardstock that was in the stack, trimmed the edges with the decorative scissors.  Then I glued two black gemstones on, one at the top of the sentiment and one at the bottom, and attached that to the card.
Another view of the card
Challenges I am entering my Don’t Look Back card in:
Crazy 4 Challenges - #226 Be Sentimental
Aud Sentiments Challenge – Sentiment for a Girl (even though this could be used for anyone, I would send it to a girl friend) 
Jo’s Scrap Shack – Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - #56 Shop Your Stash

Pop back in tomorrow to see my last card I made for the DCWV Monthly Challenge.Thank you so much for your continued support ~ Christi

4 comments:

  1. Another great card using DCWV, thanks for sharing! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christi: Your card is sssooo very pretty--love that sentiment and their papers too! Glad you joined our “Use Your Stash Challenge #56″. Hope you come by this upcoming Friday for our new challenge at Simply Create Too also.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fab card to use up all those hoarded scraps, lol. Love it...
    Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is a different sketch for a card (I would rather scrap it myself) You did a fantastic job with it :) thanks for playing along with us over at Jo's FFC :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)