Followers

Monday, July 21, 2014

Craft-Room Challenges - Picture Inspiration, Challenge 81


Thanks to those who bravely entered the Tattoo Challenge – what fab entries! Be sure to check and see if you, or someone you know, won!
 
The Inspiration Pic - makes me think of mint juleps (not that I have ever had one)
It is just too stinkin’ hot to be creative!  I need a swimming pool, a vacation, a swamp cooler or air conditioning.  I didn’t even know what a swamp cooler was 3 years ago! Seriously, the heat out here in Colorado is different than on the East Coast, and the really “bad” heat goes away everyday when the sun goes down (thank goodness), so we do get a break from it.  Which is why I made this card at 5AM this morning.  I had many ideas of what I wanted to do with Debbie’s Picture Challenge at Craft-Room Challenges, but none of which I really had the energy to bring to fruition.  This card, however, was easy and you all know how I like easy!

The finished card
What I Used to Make This Card:

Paper flowers (No idea about the green ones, but the white ones are from Hero Arts)
2 square doilies, from the Stash
4 brads (homemade, 4 silver brads topped with Pretty Pearl embossing powder)
Tim Holtz Distress Marker in Mowed Lawn
SU! Set, Sincere Salutations
Marvy 2” Round Punch
Green cardstock
White base card, square, 5 ¼” x 5 ¼”

I had no square cards (that I could find) so I made one.  I gathered all the supplies I wanted to use. I “made” the brads and assembled the flowers. 
Messed about with some different color ink on the sentiment before I settled on using the Distress Marker to color the stamp and stamped it on scrap white cardstock, then punched out the circle.  The doilies are something I have had for years, and when I pulled them out, I didn’t realize I had puled out 2.  Pulled them apart, realized they were too sheer, and glued them back together.  Once the doilies dried, I glued them to the green cardstock. 
 
I had originally wanted the card to consist of white on white, but I thought that was just too stark and the green background ties the colors together nicely.  The sentiment circle was placed in the center and attached, once I decided which one I wanted to use. 



 I then attached the flowers to the doily/green card background, around the sentiment.  That was it!  I love the photo Debbie chose – and I actually felt a bit of a cool breeze when looking at it.  I hope you find a cool (or warm) breeze wherever you are! And don’t forget, you have 2 full weeks to get your green going and enter the challenge! Thanks for stopping by ~ Christi

PS: I don't normally do this, but read the story of little Danny Nickerson , who wants birthday cards for his birthday. I know his birthday is July 25, but I am sure he will be checking his PO every few days! Please pass this on to the other crafters you know - I would love for this little boy to have a great time.
 
Another view of the card


I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - Challenge #12, B is for Buttons or Brads 
Charisma Cardz Challenge - #15, Anything Goes
Ladybug Crafts - Summer Flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)