Followers

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Shades of Blue at Anything But a Card

Challenge #38 at Anything But a Card is the theme of  Repeating Motifs and/or Patterns. I had just been going through some of my stamps (which I confess are in boxes right now) and I came across some of the more "artsy" stamps that I have.  I had forgotten how beautiful they were, and how perfect some of them would be for the theme.  So, along with my favorite color palette, I chose my stamp and away I went! Let me share my Shades of Blue wall hanging with with you.

What I Used to Make this Project:
Limited Edition Rubber Stamp, # 8779K (I think this stamp is discontinued)
White Cardstock
Blue Ink - I used every blue ink I had: StazOn Azure, Distress Tumbled Glass & Faded Jeans, Brilliance Ink Mediterranean Blue, Pearlescent Ice Blue and Pearlescent Sky Blue, Memento Ink Bahama Blue & Danube Blue, Wendy Vecchi Cornflower Blue, Adirondack Denim Blue & Stream.
12 x 12 Piece of Navy Blue Card
Piece of Mat Board, approximately 9 x 9

This stamp worked perfect for this wall hanging.  Since it had 3 "lines", I decided I'd use 9 squares.  First, I stamped the image in the various blue inks on the white card stock.
Stamped Many Times
I cut apart the images just so I could get a better sense of which ones I actually wanted to use in the project.  







Trimmed Squares & Strips


Once I had chosen the final 9, the next step was to trim them so they'd be close to the same size and then I cut each square stamped with the stamp into three strips.  After that I fooled at bit with the placement of strips, using three strips at a time to reconstruct the stamp.  I had found an old piece of mat board and I trimmed it to 9" x 9", and then covered it with navy blue cardstock which was also trimmed to size.  After deciding the placement of the reconstructed squares
Restructured Squares (color is off, sorry!)
- I didn't want to have 2 strips of the same color next to each other - I glued them all down and there you have it ~ Shades of Blue! 










 
Another View

I do have to put some sort of protective coating on it - if you have any ideas of what I should use, please share - but after that I plan to hang it in my kitchen where my colors are green, blue and white (although it's hard to tell <grin>). I hope you enjoyed my tutorial and my final project.  There is still plenty of time to join in on the challenge at Anything But a Card and I hope to see you there.  Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have an artful week! Christi

I would like to enter my Shades of Blue project in the following challenges:
The Squirrel & The Fox - #75, Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations - August Challenge, Anything Goes
613 Avenue - #85, Anything Goes 
Marks Finest Papers - #225, Nine Squares
Crafts for Eternity - #189, Something Old (the stamp I used is at least 10 years old)
Simply Create Too - #68, Monochromatic (Shades of Blue) 
The Artistic Stamper - August Challenge, Anything Goes

Where did I find these fabulous challenges to enter? Check out Challenges for Days and find some challenges that inspire YOU!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)