Followers

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy Halloween ATCs



I love Halloween and I started getting in the mood a few weeks ago.  I broke out my Halloween cardstock and embellishments and started making these Artist Trading Cards.  To create for the love of creating is so much fun!

I didn’t intend on making so many ATCs, but once I got started, I couldn’t stop.  I actually have a few more I made, but I had to cull the field or we’d be here until winter reading it all.  I typically make a list of the items I used when I create something but this time I used so many different items, from bits of paper, sequins, Dresden, stickers and embellishments from years past, there really was no way I could think of to make the list.  However, each ATC is actually built off a blank playing card that I did purchase ages ago at Silver Crow Creations, they still sell them, 60 to a pack – if you are interested, click here (you should go and check out the store anyway – they have amazing goodies!).  So, no list for the ATCs but all the pictures I used are either from my stash (I used actual photos and scanned them) or found online.  But, if you spot one that you really like and just have to know where I got the items from, just ask in the comments section below and I will do my best to answer.  Since the captions may be difficult to read I am going to type them out for you, along with a little bit behind the creation of the ATC if warranted.  On with the show!


 















The first card I called “Sisters”.  The caption reads, “Abigail always knew Lenora was a bit different”. Personally, I think her hat gives it away.

The second card I called “Trick or Treat”.  It reads, “He thought it was a treat, but it was a trick”.  I envision a jealous female (the green hearts = jealousy) giving her sweetheart a taste of some special brew.

Then we have the card called “The Baby”.  The caption reads “There was something strange about the baby”.  It’s really hard to see, but the darling infant has red eyes and all those ghosts flying about. It’s easy to see why someone would think there is something strange!

“Boo-tiful” is just a fun card.  I think the two women in this picture are best friends and always dress alike for Halloween. The picture is raised to give the card some dimension.

For the fifth card, the one I call “Coven” is about a group of women, meeting for what looks like a picnic. They are dressed so formally compared to what I would wear to a picnic! The sentiment reads “The Coven met promptly at 8PM.  Once all the women arrived, the fun began”.


The next card is called “Bat Girl” (and that is what the caption reads) and I found her image online somewhere.  The big bat is a cut out that I made on my Silhouette Cameo that didn’t some out right, so I used it on this card.  I like her costume; it actually looks like something I'd wear!
 


“Witch” is the title of the next card.  I like the kookiness of the glasses and that hat! She is a very stylish witch.  The bat on the very bottom is from Tim Holtz’ Mover & Shaker Die Set.

 Lastly, we have the Prince of Horror, Edgar Allen Poe.  I had the background of this ATC made for ages, it’s actually a really pretty silver fabric paper (for lack of a better term) and I framed him with an old Dresden frame.  I didn’t think he needed any words.

So there are my eight little ATCs that I made.  I hadn’t made any in such a long time I truly forgot how much fun they are!  And they use up so many tiny scraps of paper and embellishments.  I have now designated a small container that I keep on my desk just for little snippets of stuff too good to throw out but too small to use on a card so I can toss in anything I may use later.   I hope you enjoyed my ATCs, and my humor. I'm curious to know, which one was your favorite? Let me know in the comments, please! I sincerely hope everyone had a fang-tastic Halloween ~ Christi

A am entering my ATC's (all to be considered one project, or entry) in the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations Challenge Blog - #115, Anything Goes, Spooky
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge -Things that go Bump in the Night
Pixie's Snippets Playground - week 149 (I used snippets on almost every one of these)
Open Minded Crafting Fun - #22,  Halloween and/or Dress up
Left of Center Challenges -  #52, Happy Halloween
Haunted Design House - Week 2 of  Hellacious Halloween

Psst! What list do you use to check for challenges you'd like to enter? I use Challenges for Days & I highly recommend that you do too! Take a peek at the daily lists and don't forget to bookmark the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)