Followers

Monday, July 20, 2015

Tim's 2015 Tags - July

I was waiting for the Americana set to get here and I was on pins and needles since I am going away July 21 to August 2, but thankfully the set came the other day & I got to work :)  I actually made a back-up tag just in case the set didn't come in time. Anyway, here is my take on Tim's July Tag:




And here is Tim's tag:

As usual, I am not going through the process here, since you can find that on Tim's blog, but am going to list the things I improvised on.

  • I used the American set THMB006, which is the mini blueprint set.
  • I used every marker listed except Hickory Smoke - I don't have it, so I used Pumice Stone in place of it.
  • For the loop pin, I used a Mini Paper Clip and Pin from Tim's Ideology line.
  • I didn't have the star charm, so I took one out of my stash and colored it with a Krylon Silver Leafing Pen.
  • I don't have a sewing machine (well I have 2, but am clueless on how to use them) so no sewing.
  • I used a background paper from Glitz Designs, Beautiful Dreamer Polka, #BD3579
  • No microglaze (on my wish list)
  • My #4 was made with File Tabs, also from the Ideology Collection
  • I cut the word Brave from a Redlead Paperworks stamp set called "She Knows all Things"


Ribbon
All colored and lined up
So here are some of my process photos, the three images all lined up before the sides were cut. And my ribbon, which came out purplish, so I guess I used too much blue and not enough red.  But it was fun anyway! 

I am really happy I bought this set, I can see many uses for the flag and the star, and I honestly can't wait to color the Statue of Liberty.  I thought you might want to see 
my backup tag that I made in case the stamp set didn't make it here on time. Not too bad, it would of worked, but I like the one I made to mimic Tim's much better. That's it for me today - I actually have to pack (something I am very bad at and I usually just throw a bunch of stuff in a suitcase and sort it out later) and do all the girly things we do to prepare.  I hope you enjoyed my take on Tim's Tag and if you did, please consider following my blog - I am trying to get 100 new followers in 2015.  Also, check back here for the first posts for the NEW Twofers Challenge, starting August 1,2015.  Enjoy your week ~ Christi
Another look :)
I would like to enter my Tag into the following challenges:
Tim's 12 Tags of 2015 - July
Not Just Cards - (July) Theme - July

Timbro Scrap - #11, Summer
Amuse Studio - Anything Goes (entire month of July)
Allsorts Challenge - #320, Add a Banner or Flag
Crafting with an Attitude - #5, Anything Goes (July)



7 comments:

  1. Fab card, great design, thanks for joining in at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tags. Nicely design. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards this month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bellissima tag grazie di aver partecipato al challenge di TSM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue like a summer sky... red like the hot sun!!
    Thank you to share with us on TSM challenge... and come back soon!
    xoxoxo Eulalia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic!! Tks you to share with us on TSM challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)