Followers

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Deck the Halls!

My family might not be the typical family, but one thing we have in common is the love of a good 
laugh, and I KNOW this card will get some chuckles at holiday time.  I figured after all the Halloween projects and cards I've been sharing it was time for a nice break, although I still have so many Halloween cards I'll be ahead of my posting for next year 'cause there is NO way I'm going to be able to blog all of them.  This card is also part of the Cat Lovers' Blog Hop. I sincerely hope you are playing along!


What I Used to Make my Card:
Dark Red Card Base
Tim Holtz Yuletide Paper, #TH93240
Distress Ink in Fired Brick
Distress Marker in Fired Brick
Katzelkraft Cats Set, # KTZ152
Sentiment from Riley & Co., #RWD-472
Spellbinders Nestabilities Curved Rectangle, #S5-006 {on sale $6.99!}
Watercolor Card
Derwent Inktense Pencils
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
MISTI

I love these cats.  The expression on their faces can be used in SO many ways and I can see characteristics of each of my cats in each of the stamps.  I started this card by stamping the cat onto watercolor cardstock with black ink and coloring him {why him? I dunno - looks like a him} with the Derwent Pencils.  I then fussy cut him out and set him aside.

Then I went through my stash of papers and decided upon a background using Tim Holtz' Yuletide collection.  I have found it easier to match a background paper to the card base then vice versa, so I dug into my cardstock stash and found this dark red that fit the bill for my card base brilliantly.  I trimmed down the decorative sheet and attached it to my card base. 

I stamped the sentiment using Fired Brick ink, then cut it out using the Curved Rectangle die.  Using the Fired Brick marker, I edged the sentiment to get rid of those bright white edges.  Lastly, I adhered both the sentiment and the cat to the card.  This is my kind of holiday card - I'm not a huge fan of the mushy ones.

Finally, I want to tell you about a small giveaway I'm having on my blog.  Here are the details:
presents
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Im having a small drawing on my blog.  All you need to do is click onto this post, chose the costume you like best & when I get 75 costume comments, Ill draw a random winner.  Open Internationally! Please feel free to share!
EXPIRES Nov, 1. 2017

I hope you find the time to enter and share about my giveaway!  Thanks so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it! If you decide to follow me, please leave me a note in the comments with your blog info so I can follow you back.  Hugs! Christi

15 comments:

  1. Fun card! Love the sentiment and that cute kitty!
    denseb777ATgmailDOTcom
    US

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah
    not your family hahaha
    so funny!
    love your pawesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I burst out laughing at the sentiment. This is hilarious! Love the cat, too. He does look like a he and the sentiment fits. LOL xxD dlmundinger(at)yahoo(dot)com USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious sentiment and adorable kitty image...what could be better?! Love this fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can just hear him singing this song! lol Awesome card.
    rebyah1 @ gmail dot com USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. He totally looks like he's singing this! Fab card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do need some of these cards for Christmas!! Lol. Purrfect Holiday Cheer! the alteredpaper@gmail Usa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing cat and super colouring. Such a funny card :-)
    Lovely to meet you at the Hop. :-)
    Hugz
    IKE x
    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun cat image and I like the background papers.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com USA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card made me smile....we all have "family" we could "deck." ha-ha Perfect card! I also love that cat image!

    Beverly S
    theladystamper2000atyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Your card cracks me up! Now that's a great sentiment! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had to giggle.. just the expression of the singing kitty! And that sentiment... that just is priceless!! totally love it!! Thanks for your comment on my blog.... its not illegal to let out cats, but its becoming more that way here. My blackie will only wander a few metres away from the back door and only if I'm with him. If there is a noise, he panics and runs back in! He's such a scaredy cat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun Christmas card! xxx
    smith dot craftychris at gmail dot com uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your singing cat! You've made him into a fabulous Holiday greeting card, just by adding the right papers and sentiment - how clever! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my goodness.....that is the PERFECT cat with that sentiment!!! What a hoot!!! I love this so much!!!

    Thank you so much for joining in the #CatLoversHop2017!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)