Followers

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

I'm too Sexy. . .

I love using kitties for Halloween cards!  This is a fun one, especially when you add googly eyes!  Don't forget to get your cat creations going so you can enter the fabulous Cat Lovers' Blog Hop!
She doesn't look too sexy; she looks terrified! Hehehehehehehehe!
What I Used to Make my Card:
Black Card Base
Sentiment, Riley & Co., RWD-496
Tim Holts/Stampers Anon Crazy Cat Stamps, #CMS251
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Crazy Cats Dies, #661209
Tim Holtz/Stampers Anon Crazy Things Stamps, #CMS237
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Crazy Things Dies, #660953
Water Color Paper
Blender Pen
Derwent Inktense Pencils
Lawn Fawn Starry Skies, #LF1377
Lawn Fawn Blue Skies Dies, LF519
Silver Cardstock
Ranger Archival ink in Jet Black
Distress Ink in Hickory Smoke
Googly Eyes
Dimensional Dots

I had made my cat already - stamped on watercolor paper, colored with Derwent pencils with a blender pen and cut out.  I also stamped, colored and cut the broom and witches hat from the Crazy Things stamps and dies.  I stamped the sentiment from Riley & Company on white card using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black and fishtailed the end (see my technique here).  I adhered the sentiment to the top of the card on the left hand side.  I die cut the clouds out of the Lawn Fawn Blue Skies and edged them with Hickory Smoke ink, then set them aside.

I put the witches hat on my nervous kitty, added some comical googly eyes and set her onto the card.  Using silver cardstock, I die cut the Starry Skies die and made a bunch of tiny stars.  I then added the kitty and the broom onto the card. Filling in some of the negative space, I glued the tiny stars all around and then placed the large cloud.  I used dimensional dots to adhere the smaller cloud just to add some interest.  

Now I have got a huge stash of Halloween cards and each year it just gets bigger and bigger, any ideas on what I could do with them all? I'd love to hear your ideas in my comments!

Lastly, I have a small giveaway going on and here are all the details:
presents
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Im having a small drawing on my blog.  All you need to do is click onto this post, chose the costume you like best & when I get 75 costume comments, Ill draw a random winner.  Open Internationally! Please feel free to share!
EXPIRES Nov, 1. 2017

Thanks for reading my blog and I hope to see you around blogland! Fondly, Christi

I am entering my I'm Too Sexy card in the following challenges {in addition to the Cat Lovers' Blog Hop} -
Tuesday Throwdown - #366, Spooktacular!
Die Cuttin' Divas - #340, Halloween (pic inspiration)



21 comments:

  1. Too fun! Love your card!
    deniseb777ATgmailDOTcom
    US

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROTFL! So cute with the sentiment and I ADORE googly eyes. Fabulous! xxD dlmundinger(at)yahoo(dot)com.USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Thanks for the giggle! What an awesome sentiment to go with this hilarious kitty. LOVE the googly eyes.
    rebyah1 @ gmail dot com USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow!
    its super great card!
    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that card! It's really cute. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun with the googly eyes and this sentiment.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com USA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Googly eyes make everything more fun, don't they! Very cute card! Fun sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bwahahahaha... Thanks for the great laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. really fun card!! love your take on the photo inspiration board I created! Thank you for playing along with us in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cat's surprised expression, the google eyes, and all her angles! Thanks for sharing it with us at Die Cuttin' Divas.

    I found a couple organizations that accept handmade cards. It's too late for this year's Halloween, but hold onto them until next year and then send them. The first one is Send a Smiel4 Kids

    http://sendasmile4kidschallenge.blogspot.com/p/guidelines-for-donated-cards.html

    and the other is Cards for Hospitalized Kids

    http://www.cardsforhospitalizedkids.com/holiday-cards.html

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Evelyn! I have bookmarked both organizations for next year <3

      Delete
  11. Your funny card made me smile! That sentiment is perfect for that cat...I love how you added the googley eyes. LOVE it!

    Beverly
    theladystamper2000atyahoodotcom USA

    ReplyDelete
  12. This little Halloween scene is beautiful and hilarious at the same time, which is really the perfect combination if you think about it, right? Your coloring technique is fabulous and I love the goggly eyes. I used to make lots of Halloween cards each year too and I sent them out to everyone I knew. This year however, I seem to have forgotten to make any so I dug deep into my card stash and found a few really old ones to send to my granddaughters. Everyone else will just have to make do with a Christmas card later in the year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! Fabulous idea to add googly eyes x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just too funny, Christi! You've given me my laugh for today and I needed one. The google eyes are fabulous. :-D
    prfconnie(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha - how funny and fabulous :-) You made me open my music list and find that song and had to play it cuz you planted it in my brain LoL :-D
    Lovely to meet you at the Hop.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great design! too cute! Love the sentiment!! thealteredpaper@gmail USA

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a stunning card , it made me smile lots and I love the sentiment too! xxx
    smith dot craftychris at gmail dot com uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one made me smile, Christi! Love the crazy cat and his googly eyes. Thanks for following me - as soon as Google fix the 'Followers' widget, I'll be returning the favour! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally wacky, wonderful and sooooooo wrong!!! Hahahaha!!! There is something very, very wrong with a mind that would pair up this sentiment with that poor hapless cat!!! :D :D :D Thanks for the laugh!!

    Thank you so much for joining in the #CatLoversHop2017!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)