Followers

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Serene Winter Scene

For those celebrating Christmas, tonight is the BIG night.  You only have about 6 hours until the children wake up & you had better have put everything together! My parents used to hold a HUGE open house on Christmas Eve - upwards of 200 people in, out, and around the house.  I woke up many a Christmas Day with strange people sleeping on the living room couch - it might sound weird but it was fun.  My family always collected strays - be it people or animals.  My mother tells of the time I woke up at 6 am to get my gifts and she had literally laid her head down 15 minutes prior - hehehehehehe! Enough nostalgia; but that is what this card brings out in me.  A feeling of times before the insanity of social media, the craziness of Black Friday and before everything became a contest to keep up with the Jones'.  I hope you & yours have a splendid holiday season! So, on to my card:
 

What I Used to Make This Card:
White Card Base
Stitched Circle Trees, Memory Box, #99843 {or, Stitched Circle Cabin}
Stitched Village, Memory Box, #99891 {or Stitched Cabin, Stitched Tree}
Nesting Circle, Darice, #2014-74 {Tutti has plenty of Nesting Circles}
"Cloudy" Vellum
White Glitter Card
Pale Blue Card

The card is very easy to make, not so easy to photograph, but carry on.  The first thing I did was cut the Stitched Circle Tree out of white glitter card.  I then cut it out again using the Nested circles, so I had an actual circle instead of just a die cut on paper.  After putting the cut on my card blank, I really felt it needed just a smidge more something.  I think the cloudy vellum adds a softness to the card; of course, you can use anything you choose - I just didn't want the background to compete in any way with the trees.  The vellum was cut with the same circle I used to cut the stitched die out of the glitter white card.


If you click this pic, you can see the
dimension and the sparkle
I attached the vellum to the cut and,  while it certainly looked serene {the look I was going for - after all, it is Christmas Eve!},  I still felt it was too blah.  I love white on white cards and I just don't seem to able to mix whites effectively.  My cards never look like their cards do! Ah, maybe someday - I'll keep at it! Back to my card.  To add just a weeny little something, I cut out the three houses from the Stitched Village die; first I used white card, too dull, then Kraft card, too obvious, then this very pale blue I found.  Perfect! The little house nestled perfectly where I wanted it.  I truly adore this little CAS card, I hope you like it as well.
Another Look


Here is another look - just click on the image and it should pop open to full size {please let me know if it doesn't!} 


I hope you and yours are having a WONDERFUL Holiday Season and all of us here wish you continued health & happiness ~ 
Fondly, Christi



Don't forget to join in on all the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  
There's  a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month
 and one lucky  randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to 
the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us 
links are provided below.

                          FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE

I am entering my Serene Winter Scene card in the following challenges:
Double D Challenges - Baby, it's Cold Outside! {Winter} - mood board below
Scrappy Land - #80, Anything Goes {second entry}
CAS-ual Fridays - CFC #189, I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
Die Cuttin' Divas - #348, Christmas
Die Cut Diva's - Winter Time {second entry}
CropStop - #35
Double D Mood Board

~*~*~* HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE *~*~*~

11 comments:

  1. so very nice card
    Merry Christmas !🎅⛄🎄

    hugs , Fiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely CAS card, Christi! Thanks for joining the Double D, "Baby it's cold outside" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Wonderful Christmas memory! Thanks for joining us at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely little winter scene! Makes me chilly just looking at it!
    So happy you linked up to the Cropstop blog! Do join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining our “Holiday” Challenge at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet & simple scene Christi ... love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside (winter)’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you brought the two die cuts together to make one cohesive card. Beautiful card too. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful winter scene. Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and I love the memories that it recalled x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely, Christi. I got sidetracked with a change of plans for the grandsons but promise I'll check those posts late tonight. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet and adorable card! Love the colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
    Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)