Followers

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Be Pawsitive!

I wanted to enter the 3D challenge at Lawn Fawnatics {#27} since I saw it, but things have been pretty hectic {I hate it when life gets in the way of my crafting} and I have just now gotten the card done.  Without further ado, I present my Be Pawsitive Shadow Box Card:


What I Used to Make My Card:
Momento Ink in Tuxedo Black
Light Blue Card {for the box}
Brown Card {for the hills}
Lawn Fawn Meow You Doin' Stamps, #LF1315
Water Color Paper
Strip of Acetate

Now, there is a wonderful video on how to make these adorable little cards, so I am not going to waste your time explaining how it was made; if you really want to see step by step, check out my "It's Written in the Stars" post.  I literally  offer photo step by step instructions on making a shadow box card. 

 

Once I had the box constructed, I realized my die cut machine had incorrectly cut the sides of the box.  At first, I was just going to trash the box and begin again, but I really didn't want to waste the cardstock so I got a bit creative.  Using some pieces of the Really Rainbow paper, I just attached them to the sides to hide the cuts and to give the box some strength.  It worked so well I decided to add some same color panels on the sides as well.  Creativity strikes again! You can see the add-on's I made in the pics above.

Ignore the spikey thing - it still folds!

Now, when it came to assembling the inside of the box, I used some kitties that I had already colored  and cut; all I needed to do was stamp and cut the ball of yarn and the mouse. I thought it would be really cute, as well as add some interest, to have the ball floating above the cat as if the cat was playing with it, so I glued the yarn onto a small strip of acetate and attached that to the cat.  

Another peek

Lastly, I stamped the sentiment and cut it out using the fishtail banner, attached that to the front, and my card was done. I think that it is SO cool that the card folds down to fit into an A2 sized envelope!  I am very pleased with how this card came out and I have one other type of 3D card to enter into this challenge, if I can get it done in time!  I'll be trying it for the first time.  Thanks SO much for your visit & I hope to see you again soon!  Fondly, Christi


I am entering my Be Pawsitive card in the following challenges:
Lawn Fawnatics - #27, 3D cards
Fashionable Stamping - #134, Animals
Crafting with Dragonflies - #102, Cards using Dies and/or Punches
Fussy & Fancy - #210, Add a Die Cut
Die Cuttin' Divas - M, Anything Goes
Creatalicious Challenges - M, Anything Goes w/ Option of Die Cuts

8 comments:

  1. So cute and great way to save the project! Clever thinking! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good save! So adorable and a beautiful design. Thanks for joining us at Fussy & Fancy Friday this time
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card .
    Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges . Hugs Neva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious, Jackie CT member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Die Cut Divas Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pawsitively beautiful.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    www.shirlsartwork.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous shadow box card (and thanks for the link)
    Love the cool design inside.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
    Avril

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)