Followers

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Hoppy Mother's Day!

I just got the Toadally Awesome set from Lawn Fawn and it was just in time because I couldn't find a single stamp set that had Happy Mother's day in it! And, they are just so "toadally" cute!




What I Used to Make my Card:
Lawn Fawn Grassy Border, #LF613

Lawn Fawn Toadally Awesome Stamps, #LF1581
Lawn Fawn Toadally Awesome Dies, #LF1582
White Card base
Light Blue Card
Green Card
Blue-Gray Card
Clean Color Markers
Watercolor Paper
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black
MFT/Die-Namics Stitched Oval STAX, #MFT-521
Fine Tip Watercolor Brush
Hero Arts Raining Fluff Die Set, #DI369 {cloud}
MISTI
I stamped all the images with the Jet Black ink on watercolor paper, then colored them in using the Clean Color Markers.  While the images were drying a bit, I cut the pond out of the blue card using the Oval STAX dies.  I cut the grass out of the green card and a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" panel out of the blue-gray card.  I attached the panel onto the white card base, then put the grass on, followed by the pond.  The cloud was cut out of white card and I cut out the sentiment using a stitched rectangle.

By then my critters and such were nice and dry so I cut them out with the
Another Peek
corresponding dies.  I'm glad I made a bunch of the cattails; they are SO cute and I think they really made the design come to life.  As I usually do, I made way too many frogs but I used them in another card you'll see later.


Once I let the card dry under the tile on my desk {the weight helps bond everything and I use waxed paper inside and outside the card just in case I added too much adhesive}, typically overnight, the card was finished.  I love how it came out and I know my mom will love it, too.  I made the layers so she could touch the card and, if it is nice and sunny, she may be able to see some of it.  I think it's adorable and I hope you do, too!

Please don't forget I am having a giveaway - you can read all the details here.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday and see you soon! Christi

I am entering my Hoppy Mother's Day card in the following challenges:
Crafty Catz - #416, Anything Goes w/ Cute
Crafting by Designs - Mother's Day
Ellibelle's Wednesday Challenge - M,  For Ladies or Girls Only
Stamping Sensations - M, Close to Nature
Crafting with Friends - #67, Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments - #203, A Sentiment and Cute
Fusion Card Challenge - Sketch or The Harbor {I used The Harbor - see below}
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - #169, Charlotte's "All About Occasions" 

13 comments:

  1. Oh my I'm "toadally" enjoying your cute Mother's day card. The stamp set is simply too cute and you've really created quite the pond scene with it. Thanks so much for sharing your fun card on the All Occasions challenge at Watercooler Wednesday this week. Awesome! Your mom will love it. My mom is blind and the card I made for her has texture too and although she couldn't see it in the light she could feel the floral embossing in the background and the letters spelling out mom. She was thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun froggie creation, many thanks for joining our 'Close to Nature' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for sharing your lovely cute card with us at CraftyCatz this week..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant - thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable scene and fabulous coloring, Christi! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwh, how cute!! Thank you for joining us at Crafting By Designs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toadfully cute card! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card with the frogs and perfect sentiment for Mothers Day. Thank you so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge where it's all about girls and ladies!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fun Mother's Day card. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments challenge and hope to see you again.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card with the froggs. Beautiful.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)