Followers

Saturday, May 12, 2018

You Are Not Alone ~ A card for Layton's Legacy

If you have been anywhere in the online stamping world this week, you must have seen some posts regarding Lea's card drive, called Layton's Legacy.  If not, let me direct you to her blog where you can read the heartbreaking story of Layton and see exactly what Lea is accomplishing.  As of this writing, she has surpassed her initial donation request and the drive is still going on strong - truly a wonderful way to keep her little boy's spirit alive!

This was the palette Lea had chosen for Layton's nursery and the mood board she requested we use making the cards:


{Click to Make Larger}


This is What I used to Make My Card:
White Card Base
Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black 
Lawn Fawn Critter's in the Forest Stamps, #LF314
Lawn Fawn Critters in the Forest Dies, #LF486
Lawn Fawn Grassy Border
Lawn Fawn Birch Tress, #LF1500
Darice Nesting Circles, #2014-74
Various Shades of Gray Card
Versamark Ink
Water Color Paper
Wow! Primary Ebony Super Fine Embossing Powder, #WHOOSF
Clean Color Markers
Hero Arts You Are Loved set, #CM171
Detail watercolor brush
Another Look

Since I knew I was going to be using the Critters in the Forest set by Lawn Fawn, I went to the LawnFawnatics challenge page and was inspired by the card sketch they had for the current challenge.  The first thing I did was stamp and emboss the raccoon and owl from that stamp set.  Since I knew I was going to be water coloring them, I wanted to ensure that the ink wouldn't seep outside the stamped lines.  Then, I proceeded to color them.  Once they were dry enough {I try to let them sit overnight, even if I dry them with my heat gun, because trying to die cut wet paper is never successful for me}, I used the matching dies to cut them out.  I set them aside.

I cut a circle out of white card, then cut out the grass and the birch trees.  I attached everything but the animals and die cut the circle again so there was nothing hanging off the sides.  I cut out the next sized circle in dark gray and the largest circle in blue gray card.  I attached all of the circles together, mounting everything onto the last circle a bit toward the bottom edge.
One of the cards I am
including

The sentiment was stamped on another shade of gray and then cut out using a stitched banner die.  The raccoon and owl were set into the grass and glued on, then the sentiment was attached to the bottom of the circles.

Knowing what Lea is going to do with these cards, it gave me joy knowing that someone would be getting a small reprieve from all the waiting and worrying at the NICU and, hopefully, maybe a smile.  I hope you can join in the card drive {I'm actually sending a few cards but they don't quite meet the mood board, so I am not entering them} and, perhaps, donate a bit of money.  Lea is going to try and pull together a drive every year in memory of Layton's birthday; I know I'll be there and I hope to see you! Hugs, Christi

I am entering my You are not Alone Card in the following challenges:
Lea's Layton's Legacy - Mood Board
Lawn Fawnatics - #28, Card Sketch (see below)
Aud Sentiments - #203, Cute and a Sentiment
Little Red Wagon - #445, Piece Out
Scrapy Land - #89, Anything Goes w/ Dies they Carry {entry #2}
TIOT - Stencils and/or Die Cuts
The Cat's Pajamas - M, #346, Use Dies
Creative Craft Cottage - M, #107, Use Dies and/or Punches
Happy Little Stampers - M, Anything Goes w/ Dies
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - M, Anything Goes w/ Critters







12 comments:

  1. A fabulous card! Thank you for joining TioT! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea to create cards using a mood board for Layton, it is really heart-wrenching. And this is a really cute card.

    Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card for a great cause.Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet take on the sketch - Love your embossed conyours and beautiful coloring!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Lawnfawnatics Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining Scrapy Land challenge with this beauty!
    Hugs
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sweet card

    Thanks for joining us at try It On Tuesday Challenge
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a darling card for such a wonderful cause. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is toooo cute! I love your cuter than ever critters inside that adorable background and frame! So happy you could share this with us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes w/ Dies Challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those little critters really pop with the embossing. A lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments challenge and hope to see you again.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute little critters! Fun card. Thank you for joining The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I read each and every one :)